8thWall is a prominent platform designed for the creation of web-based reality content, encompassing both WebAR and WebVR. The platform provides a comprehensive suite for the creation, publishing, and distribution of content using features such as their Cloud Editor, AR Engine, and Built-in Hosting.
- Lightship VPS for Web: Allows users to anchor WebAR content with remarkable precision globally using Niantic’s AR map. This provides enhanced interaction between virtual objects and the physical realm.
- Image Targets: This feature brings physical objects to life. Whether it’s a bottle, cup, or magazine, 8thWall can transform them into interactive AR experiences.
- Face Effects: Facilitates the creation of high-quality face filters that work on various devices, from mobile phones to desktops.
- Modular Framework: Tailored to integrate seamlessly with computer vision technologies and other external libraries, enabling a richer AR experience.
- Universal Deployment: A testament to its adaptability, 8thWal’s Metaversal Deployment ensures that your WebAR content is available seamlessly across an array of devices – smartphones, PCs, AR, and VR headsets.
- Cloud Editor & Built-In Hosting: A cloud-based text editor equipped with features for both creation and collaboration, along with integrated hosting solutions.
- Support for Popular 3D Frameworks: 8thWall supports widely-used 3D frameworks like A-frame, Three JS, Babylon, and Play Canvas.
- Brands looking to augment physical products with interactive AR content.
- Marketers aiming to engage users with face filters.
- Developers seeking a versatile platform to create AR content for various devices.
Pros and Cons
- All-inclusive platform for WebAR and WebVR content.
- Real-time AR optimized for mobile browsers.
- Wide-ranging features from face effects to world anchoring.
- Seamless integration with popular 3D frameworks.
- Learning curve for beginners due to its extensive set of tools.
8th Wall is a platform that enables developers to create, collaborate and publish WebAR experiences that run directly in a web browser.
They offer several pricing plans for individuals, small teams, agencies, and organizations. 8thWall offers a 14-day free trial with unrestricted access to its toolkit. Post-trial, a subscription is necessary.
Here is a summary of their pricing plans:
- Starter: This plan is for individuals and small teams. It costs $9/month after a free trial. It includes 3 team members, unlimited WebAR and WebVR projects, 100+ templates and modules, Cloud Editor and free global hosting, and the ability to launch projects from 8thwall.com.
- Plus: This plan is for individuals and small teams who want access to direct project URLs and custom domains. It costs $49/month after a free trial. It includes everything in the Starter plan, plus 6 team members, the ability to launch projects from direct URLs, connect custom domains, embeddable AR Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), and email support.
- Pro: This plan is for agencies and studios who want to develop campaigns, perform work-for-hire and purchase commercial licenses on behalf of brands. It costs $99/month after a free trial. It includes everything in the Plus plan, plus unlimited seats, self-hosting with local development, password-protected staging URLs, the ability to purchase commercial licenses for clients, partner program eligibility, and project permissions for external collaboration.
- Enterprise: This plan is for organizations who want to integrate 8th Wall into their technology stack and marketing funnel with access to platform APIs and licenses. The pricing is custom and can be obtained by contacting their sales team. It includes everything in the Pro plan, plus custom contracts and invoicing, commercial licenses included in the contract, volume pricing, the ability to remove the default splash screen, access to exclusive platform APIs, and priority technical support.
You can check out their pricing page for more information about each plan to make the best decision for your business.
8thWall boasts an intuitive interface designed both for developers familiar with AR and those new to the domain. While there might be a slight learning curve for complete beginners, the platform offers comprehensive documentation to aid users.
Community and Learning Resources
8thWall offers a robust set of resources for users, from a dedicated Project Library, comprehensive Documentation, hands-on Tutorials, to an engaging Blog. For those seeking assistance, the platform extends Slack community support and email assistance.