BigCommerce is a highly scalable, no-code e-commerce builder offering a comprehensive set of tools and features for businesses looking to create and grow their online stores. It provides robust solutions for store design, catalog management, and sales, making it an ideal platform for businesses of all sizes.
- Customizable Store Design: Offers a broad selection of themes and design tools.
- Comprehensive E-commerce Functionality: Comes with built-in features for inventory management, order processing, and SEO.
- Multi-channel Selling: Allows selling on various platforms like eBay, Amazon, and social media platforms.
- Integration: Integrates with various payment gateways, marketing tools, and CRM systems.
- Headless Commerce: Offers APIs for creating custom storefronts.
- Creating Online Stores: Ideal for businesses of all sizes wanting to sell products online.
- B2B Commerce: Offers robust B2B features like bulk pricing and custom price lists.
- Multichannel Retailing: Suitable for businesses wanting to sell across multiple online platforms.
Pros and Cons
- Extensive built-in features, supports multichannel selling, strong SEO performance, high scalability for growing businesses.
- The platform might feel complex for absolute beginners, premium themes and certain integrations can increase costs, customization options are limited compared to some competitors.
BigCommerce does not have a free plan, but they do offer a 15-day free trial for their Essentials plans (Standard, Plus, and Pro). You can sign up for any plan that you want and access this plan free of cost for the next 15 days
BigCommerce Essentials has four pricing tiers: Standard, Plus, Pro, and Enterprise.
- The Standard plan costs $29/month.
- The Plus plan costs $79/month.
- The Pro plan sells for $299/month if you pay annually.
- The Enterprise plan has custom pricing.
See full comparison of their pricing plans.
BigCommerce offers a clean, organized interface, but due to its wide range of features, there can be a learning curve for beginners. However, its user experience is generally rated positively.
BigCommerce provides 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, and phone. They also offer a comprehensive knowledge base with articles, guides, and community forums.
Community and Learning Resources
BigCommerce offers numerous learning resources, including webinars, blogs, e-commerce guides, and a community forum for user discussions and learning.
Security and Reliability
BigCommerce provides top-notch security with features like DDOS protection, fraud alerts, and PCI-DSS compliance. It’s also known for its reliable uptime and performance.
The platform integrates with a broad array of tools, including payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe, marketing tools like Mailchimp, and CRM systems like Salesforce.
Shopify and WooCommerce are common alternatives, each offering different strengths. Shopify provides a more user-friendly interface, while WooCommerce integrates seamlessly with WordPress for those who already have a WP website.