KnowledgeOwl is a comprehensive knowledge base software solution that allows businesses and organizations to create, manage, and share informative content seamlessly. The platform aims to simplify content creation and organization while ensuring that the right information reaches the right audience.
- Content Creation and Management: KnowledgeOwl offers a WYSIWYG editor for intuitive content creation, along with the capability to manage different versions of articles and insert notes specifically for authors. It allows the embedding of videos from platforms like YouTube or using an HTML5 video player, as well as dragging and dropping images or files from a URL or file library. Users can also define global snippets and glossary terms, and perform bulk operations like editing or deleting articles.
- Article Features: Articles can be customized with callout times, permalinks, and custom publication dates. Editing and viewing can be restricted based on specific teams or groups, with options to set related articles either manually or automatically. SEO tools such as title tags, meta descriptions, and canonical tags are available.
- Search Functionality: There’s an enhanced search feature with autosuggestions, a synonym library, and search phrase specificity. Users can also adjust the weight of search results.
- Reader and Author Management: KnowledgeOwl supports authentication methods like SSO through SAML, Salesforce, and remote authentication. Other features include shared passwords, IP restrictions, article favorites, and management of reader sessions.
- Analytics and Reports: Users can view feedback through article ratings and determine popular articles. It also integrates with Google Search Console to provide search performance analytics.
- User Interface and Branding: Customize the knowledge base with colors, logos, and fonts or choose from pre-existing themes. Design and layout options are available for more personalized branding.
- Navigation and Structure: Articles can be organized using categories and tags with drag-and-drop reordering. Tools to identify broken links and edit default text strings are also included.
- Internal Documentation: Companies can use KnowledgeOwl to maintain and distribute internal policies, procedures, and employee handbooks.
- Customer Support: Businesses can provide customers with self-service documentation, reducing the need for live customer support.
- Training Materials: It can be a repository for training materials and tutorials for both internal and external audiences.
KnowledgeOwl offers a 30-day free trial, allowing potential users to explore its features without any commitment.
- Flex Subscription: This plan starts at $79 per month. It includes 1 knowledge base and 1 user; additional users are $20/month; additional knowledge bases are $40/month. It also includes access to the full feature set, unlimited readers, awesome support, and custom roles and permissions.
- Business Subscription: This plan starts at $299 per month. It includes all features of the Flex subscription, plus a 99.5% uptime SLA, priority support, HIPAA compliance, and the ability to upload your own SSL certificates.
- Enterprise Subscription: This plan starts at $999 per month. It includes all features of the Flex and Business subscriptions, plus a 99.9% uptime SLA, vendor security forms, 20% discount on professional services, dedicated account management, and custom terms and conditions for annual subscriptions.
You can check out their pricing page for more information about each plan to make the best decision for your business.
With its WYSIWYG editor, KnowledgeOwl offers a user-friendly content creation experience similar to most word processors. The intuitive drag-and-drop interface for organizing content and the easily navigable dashboard makes it simple even for non-tech-savvy users. Some advanced features might require a short learning curve.
KnowledgeOwl offers phone, email, and 24/7 in-app support for all users. Business and Enterprise subscribers receive priority support. They also provide hands-on training sessions and demos.
Security and Reliability
KnowledgeOwl hosts its platform on Amazon Web Services (AWS), with daily backups and rigorous access control measures such as biometric systems. They adhere to GDPR and Privacy Shield standards, ensuring user data remains private and is neither sold nor shared. They promise 99.5% uptime for Business customers and 99.9% for Enterprise plans. Security features include hashed passwords, data encryption, and advanced internal IT safeguards like VPN access and regular vulnerability scans.
- API and webhooks for integrating with other tools.
- Slack notifications to keep teams updated.
- Compatibility with Zapier for custom workflows.