Ubidots is a cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) platform that allows developers, engineers, and system integrators to quickly create and deploy IoT solutions. With its user-friendly interface, Ubidots simplifies the process of connecting devices to visualize and analyze the data they produce.
- Real-time Insights: Ubidots offers codeless visualizations, smart alerts, scheduled reports, and more to enhance decision-making.
- Thorough Visualizations: Enhance shop floor SCADAs with Ubidots’ cloud-based visualization paired with over 20 widgets suitable for various industry needs like Energy Management and Condition Monitoring.
- Interoperability: Ubidots ensures seamless integration into operations, allowing custom actions based on machine data. This can include updating stock levels, triggering maintenance visits, or sending out alerts.
- Device Connectivity: With support for HTTP, MQTT, TCP, UDP, and custom/industrial protocols, connecting devices to the Ubidots cloud is a breeze. This comes with over 200 libraries, SDKs, and integration guides.
- Analytics Engine: This feature enables raw data transformation into actionable insights. It supports complex mathematical and statistical computations, data optimization, filtering, and more.
- Live Dashboard: Real-time dashboards with various data visualization options, including maps, graphs, tables, and custom widgets developed using HTML canvas.
- Events Engine: Incorporate business logic to your hardware. This includes geo-fencing, hardware activity monitoring, and integration with popular communication platforms for alerts.
- User Management: Tailor the IoT application to suit operator needs, assigning permissions and restrictions as needed.
- Custom White-label Branding: Ubidots allows businesses to mask its default branding, giving a more personalized look and feel to their applications.
- Ubidots Explorer: A feature aimed at decision-makers, ensuring they have necessary data at their fingertips, accessible from any Android device.
- Industry 4.0: Seamlessly integrate machinery with Ubidots for efficient digital transformation.
- Agriculture: Monitor soil moisture and climate conditions.
- Healthcare: Patient monitoring and equipment tracking.
- Smart Cities: Monitor and manage city assets like street lights and waste bins.
- Professional: At $199/month, this package supports 200 devices and provides 24 months of data retention. Features include white labeling, event engines, user management, and UbiFunctions.
- Industrial: Priced at $499/month, it supports 1,000 devices and retains data for 24 months. This tier includes all features from the Professional package and additional features like multiple admin users, dashboard filters, and advanced plugins.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing is available for those needing more tailored solutions. This package offers the best of Ubidots, including hosting on a private AWS cloud and SAML Single Sign-On.
You can check out their pricing page for more information about each plan to make the best decision for your business.
Ubidots is lauded for its user-centric design, ensuring a smooth experience for developers, management, and operators alike.
Ubidots provides immediate assistance through email and in-app chat. For further assistance and guidance, you can navigate their comprehensive Help Center.
Community and Learning Resources
Extensive documentation, an informative blog, a community forum, and various tutorials ensure users can quickly learn and adapt to the platform.
Security and Reliability
Ubidots uses Multi-Factor Authentication (2FA) for both admins and end-users to bolster security. They also support Single Sign-On (SSO) for streamlined access. A robust password policy is maintained for added protection, and the platform adheres to industry-specific compliance standards. On the reliability front, Ubidots commits to a 99.9% uptime and employs automated failover with data replication in IBM’s global data centers.
Ubidots offers integration with numerous third-party protocols and platforms like Sigfox, Particle Cloud, mcCloud, NB-IoT, TTN, and LoRaWan networks. Users can further integrate data from sources like Weather Underground, IBM’s Watson, Google Locations, and Zapier. Its data plugins and UbiFunctions allow for custom API integrations, enabling users to merge data and functionalities from various sources seamlessly.