UserGuiding is a tool designed to improve product adoption by creating interactive onboarding guides and in-app tutorials without any coding. It aids companies in introducing their platform’s features to new users and helps reduce the learning curve.
- Product Tours: Create step-by-step guided tours for users to understand and navigate through the product.
- Onboarding Checklists: Outline the essential steps for users to follow, ensuring a smoother onboarding process.
- Resource Centers: Centralize and provide all support materials, enabling users to find help when needed.
- Segmentation: Deliver personalized experiences by grouping users based on certain criteria, ensuring relevant content delivery.
- Analytics: Keep track of onboarding success and areas of improvement by measuring user engagement and actions.
- Customization: Customize onboarding experiences to mirror brand aesthetics and ensure a cohesive look and feel.
- In-app Surveys: Engage users by seeking their feedback within the application environment.
- Tooltips: Offer additional insights and tips over interface elements, guiding users without overwhelming them.
- Hotspots: Overlay crucial information snippets on the dashboard, providing context and clarity.
- Announcement Modals: Use pop-up modal windows to share significant updates or news with the users.
- NPS Surveys: Quantify user satisfaction by measuring their likelihood to recommend the product to others.
UserGuiding is perfect for businesses looking to:
- Create intuitive product walkthroughs.
- Efficiently onboard new users.
- Highlight and promote new features.
- Consolidate support resources.
- Gather actionable feedback from users in real-time.
- Track and improve feature adoption rates.
- Basic Plan: At $89/month (billed yearly), the Basic Plan targets startups and SMBs, accommodating up to 2,500 Monthly Active Users. It’s the most cost-effective option, offering features such as NPS, integrations, user identification, and includes email and chat support.
- Professional Plan: Priced at $389/month (billed yearly), the Professional Plan is tailored for rapidly expanding businesses. It supports up to 20,000 Monthly Active Users, offers unlimited guides, hotspots, checklists, and provides full customer support without any UserGuiding branding.
- Corporate Plan: Starting from $689/month (billed yearly), the Corporate Plan is curated for large enterprises with multiple products. It comes with a customizable user limit, advanced customization options (including CSS), personalized coaching sessions, and ensures service level agreements and data processing addendums.
UserGuiding offers a 14-day free trial, with no credit card information required for access. You can check out their pricing page for more information about each plan to make the best decision for your business.
With features such as customization, segmentation, and onboarding checklists, UserGuiding ensures an intuitive and user-centric experience. The platform is designed to craft personalized user journeys, leading to improved product adoption and satisfaction.
UserGuiding offers support via email and chat.
Community and Learning Resources
UserGuiding offers a suite of educational resources to help users make the most of their platform. They host webinars to deepen user onboarding expertise, release podcasts that provide insights on-the-go, and offer ebooks that serve as comprehensive guides. Additionally, their blog presents the latest updates and useful hints tailored with a unique UserGuiding flavor.
Security and Reliability
UserGuiding is committed to ensuring top-tier security standards:
- Risks are continually reviewed, with measures in place to control those above acceptable levels.
- There’s an ongoing drive to maintain information security awareness among team members.
- Business continuity remains a top priority.
- They are committed to adhering to promised SLA durations.
- Full compliance with all information security-related laws and regulations.
UserGuiding seamlessly integrates with various tools, enhancing its adaptability. Some of the notable integrations include: Intercom, Mixpanel, Segment, Slack, Google Analytics, Google Tag, Manager, Woopra, HubSpot